Experiance on Radiotherapy of Dr. Kundan Singh Chufal.
Worked as a Junior Resident for the past 3 years at the Department of
King George’s Medical University, Lucknow and as a Senior Resident for next three year at Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre. Presently I am working as a Senior Consultant in Department of Radiation Oncology at Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre since November 2008. The current department is well equipped with two Dual Energy Linear Accelerator (SimensMevatron MD2 and Varian Clinac 2100C). and Microselectron HDR brachytherapy. I am comfortable with:
- 1. HDR Brachytherapy :Intracavitry Radiotherapy for Cervix and Uterus, Intraluminal and endobronchial for Esophagus and Lung and Interstitial Implant for Breast, Anal canal and Head and Neck region.
- 2. Target Delineation, Plan evaluation and implementation for 3D conformal and intensity modulated Radiotherapy, on Eclipse & Plato planning software.
- 3. SRT and SBRT.
- 4. Respiratory Gating.
- 5. Rapid Arc Planning for all subsites.
- 6. IMRT (Plato and Eclipse) for Head and Neck,Prostate Cancer and others.
- 7. IGRT for prostate cancer using gold seed implants and EPID.
- 8. IGRT for other sites.
- 9. I am involved in developing radiation protocols and Chemotherapy protocols for Solid Tumors.
- 10. We have a multi-disciplinary approach, which involves Surgical Oncologists Pediatric oncologists, medical oncologists and pathologists. Once in a week all the above mentioned specialties meet at tumor board to discuss interesting and challenging cases.
- 11. As a Senior consultant I am involved in DNB teaching program, Independently handling OPDs, ward rounds, brachytherapy and external beam Radiotherapy,treatment planning and evaluation.
- 12. Batra Hospital,has an attached nursing college and I am involved in their teaching program. All the final year nursing students have dedicated oncology postings.
- 13. Involved in organizing CMEs and symposiums and delivered talks in these forums.
- 14. Presented papers in international and national conferences.